Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Let's get making some clothes

I've finally made myself a dress!!! It's something I've wanted to do for a long time but I didn't know where to start. I attended a college course last Autumn/Winter and made a top. I learnt how to read a pattern. Let's face it ladies, these things aren't easy to read as a beginner!!! Tilly and the Buttons (Tilly from The Great British Sewing Bee) has some great tutorials on her site which are really helpful.

Since going to this brilliant sewing club I had the confidence to start on my dress. It's made from organic cotton with Liberty Lawn pockets. The pattern was a freebie from Sew magazine. I've been admiring the lovely dresses that Dottie Angel has been making. They have some great detail, you've definitely got to have a look, they're inspirational. 

Here's my dress:


I have some brilliant fabric from the "Flirt" range that would be great for a dress or skirt.




Please contact me if you'd like to purchase any of this lovely fabric. It's £11 a metre. The Little Fabric Store will also be at the St Andrews Hospice event at New Waltham Village Hall, Grimsby on Saturday 29th June 12pm - 4pm.

Here's another lovely dress made by one of my fab customers.


Hope to see you on Saturday x


No comments:

Post a Comment