Friday, 24 January 2014

Cath Kidston Quilt

I managed to finish my daughter's Quilt last week. The pattern was taken from  Sew! by Cath Kidston. This was one of the first books I bought and I'd definitely recommend it. It comes with all the fabric and accessories to make your own CK Bag. It also has some great templates.

I loved working on this Quilt. I used Tilda Fabric for the borders, flowers and hearts. The hearts and flowers are appliquéd onto squares with a border around the edges. I treated myself and bought some rare Antique Hand Woven Organic Plain Cotton Fabric from 1900. It was bought from Mariana's Linen Heaven - Etsy Shop. After washing the fabric it had a soft yet weighty feel to it. I will definitely be using the rest of this fabric in other Quilts. The hot pink border and baby blue backing are Moda's Essential Dots fabric bought from my little shop - The Little Fabric Store - 

The Quilt brightens up the room. A very special Quilt for my very special Daughter. 





There's nothing more rewarding than making a quilt for your family. Anyone who  has made one knows how much time and love goes into every one you make. I made this Quilt for my older son a couple of years ago and have made a few more since. It was made of shirts he'd grown out of and his baby clothes. 



This pattern was take from another recommended book - A Passion for Quilting by Nicki Trench.  I was totally star struck when Nicki replied to my email showing her my finished Quilt. I'd only just started sewing and to get a reply from someone so talented was very inspiring. I've decided to comment and get more involved in the blogs a follow. I've been a silent blogger for a few years now so I thought this year I'd get out there and communicate with other fellow creative people. 

I'd love to know what projects you're working on. And do send photos through of anything made with my fabrics and they'll be added to The Hall of Fame. Hope to hear from you soon - Helen - 



No comments:

Post a Comment