Friday, 27 June 2014

Needles & Threads

Thank you to everyone who attended the Demo Day with Dawn yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed her visit. The Demo she delivered was so informative and explained in a way that makes sense. Dawn explained the importance of using a Quality Thread for all your Sewing Projects. Mettler Thread in a 60 weight is recommended for piecing your Quilt as there's less bulk at the seams which works wonderfully when working on a Dresden Plate for example. I stock these Threads in the Shop. 60 weight Cream & Grey are the recommended colours, Dawn also uses these to Quilt with.

The right Machine Needles are also Essential. Schmetz are the best Needles out there. I will be stocking these in the Shop soon. Jean/Denim Needles or Sharps are recommended. The Universal Needles out there are not ideal. You need the right Needle for the Project you're working on. Also, get to know you're Sewing Machine. I must admit I only use a few stitches and don't replace the Needle as often as I should. Dawn has definitely educated me with her Demo. She also sells a Pocket Tutor Book that is well presented and has doodle pages to add your own notes too. An Essential Book for Sewers.

It was great to meet everyone who attended the Event. If any of you would like to book Dawn to visit their Group you can contact her via her website www.dawncamerondick.com 

I was lucky enough to hear Dawn's Demo 3 times and I could have easily listened to a 4th. Unfortunately because I was so engrossed I forgot to take photos of the ladies!! I did managed to sneak one in before she left. Thanks again Dawn - Helen - 


No comments:

Post a Comment