Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Supporting Local Businesses

Last Bank Holiday I took a day in lieu so on Tuesday I had a wander down to Wellowgate in Grimsby. I live around the corner from this thriving community of independent traders and have been wanting to visit their lovely shops for sometime. There's Vintage Shops, Ladies & Men's. Gift Shops, Chalk Paint Shops & much more. Well worth a visit. I bought something from each shop.



- My basket full of goodies - 

A Vintage Skirt from I Luv it I Really Do Vintage 
A Vintage Cravat, a birthday gift from Ladd's 
Another birthday gift, a Guardian Angel from Home is Where the Heart Is
The lovely basket was from Old Fashioned Ruby


I already support shops in Louth and since becoming a business owner I've realised the importance of shopping local, whether it be where you live or work. You're part of these communities and your custom helps make these businesses continue to grow. There's a campaign that Mollie Makes is currently supporting - Just a Card - it highlights the importance of supporting Independent Traders. 



- Thank you for supporting my business - 


Well the sun was out on Sunday, I had a wonderful day in the garden. I've been waiting to enjoy a lazy afternoon and I finally got my wish. I'm addicted to making Suffolk Puffs/ Yo Yo's. I have Jane Brocket's "The Gentle Art of Stitching", such a lovely book, a welcome addition to any bookcase. So with my comfy garden chair and a BBQ going on in the background I sat and enjoyed making Yo Yo's. Heaven. 




- I love my new wicker basket once again filled with goodies -
I also made some Liberty Corsages Brooches which I'll attach to a birthday card



- "The Gentle Art of Stitching" by Jane Brocket - 
The colour combination for my new throw 



- I hope you've managed to enjoy the sunshine when it's out - 

-------------



1 comment:

  1. Your afternoon outside in the sun sounds like bliss. The yo yos look like great fun to make too x

    ReplyDelete