Thursday, 2 July 2015

Create a Summer Wardrobe

The sun is out, summer is here. This time of year for me is all about dressmaking. I have a great selection of dress patterns that are also highlighted in the new Sew Magazine, as well as an advert of my own, very exciting!!! 



- The New Vintage Shirt Dress Pattern by Sew Over It -
- Tilly & the Buttons Agnes - on order - 



- The Little Fabric Store's first national advert - 


 My new window display is daisy themed for the up and coming Louth in Bloom (16th July). I've made Compagnie M's Lotta Skirt which is now displayed in the window. I really enjoyed using this pattern & love the overall look of the skirt. I used American Jane's - Fresh Air - and a plain blue fabric for the pocket lining. I really like the pocket detail. A daisy skirt for my daisy themed window. 

Compagnie M patterns are priced at £13, this pattern comes in age 1-10yrs & 12-14yrs along with xxs-xxl. A perfect skirt for summer. 




- The Lotta Skirt, I'm really happy with the fit - 




Sew Over It's newest pattern the
Vintage Shirt Dress - £14 - 



This is me modelling the Top version of Sew Over It's Shift Dress. I used Dashwood Studio's Petite St.



- A selection of Sew Over It Patterns available - 
The Ultimate Shift Dress, 1940's Tea Dress, Betty Dress, 
Ultimate Wrap Dress & the Vintage Shirt Dress



Cecilia has a market stall in Louth - Adverse Camber Vintage -
Cecilia has made the 1940's Tea Dress for herself 
out of the Kate & Birdie's Story Book Collection. 


So while the weather is warm why not make a wonderful summer wardrobe. The great thing about making your own clothes is no one else will be wearing the same outfit, it'll be totally unique. 

Enjoy the sun - Helen - 

-----------

No comments:

Post a Comment