Saturday, 11 July 2015

Louth In Bloom

Louth In Bloom is here on Thursday 16th July. It's a great opportunity to decorate the town and celebrate the summer season. With a selection of bright summer fabrics available now is a better time than ever to make that summer dress or bunting for the garden. Summer quilts are perfect for picnics and Linen blend make great seat cushions. Summer here we come :)




- The Little Fabric Store decorated for the Summer - 

A Wool Blend Felt Daisy Chain frame the window

Decorate your home or garden with garden twine bunting
Book on the Sew Now session to make your own





- A Pot of Daisies - 
These Wool Blend Felt Daisies are also available to make this 
Summer at the Sew Now sessions 
Wool Blend Felt in a selection of colours £1.25 (12"x12")




This appliqué sign was made using a selection of Moda fabrics in bright oranges, yellows & blues. Just the colours for the summer. 




- Compagnie M Lotta Skirt is a size small -


- The talented Abigail Noble Art  Brooches are now available -



- Paper Pom Poms make an effective decoration - 


Some of you may remember my last window display was Beach themed. I'd been making Yo-Yo's for my Barnacle Quilt. Jane Brocket's book "The Gentle Art of Stitching" has the pattern. Here is the finished quilt.


- I've sewn the Yo-Yo's together so they have no backing. I'm happy with the results especially in it's new home on the back of the chair - 



- This is a photo taken on my living room floor, I've arrange the Yo-Yo's to meet in the middle. I love the effect it gives - 


- This is my favourite photo, they really do look like Limpets or Barnacles :) - 


So what ever you have planed for the Summer I hope you manage to have a bit of sewing in your life. Some one told me recently "sewing feeds your soul", I can  definitely agree with that.

------



2 comments:

  1. I love your finished Yo Yo quilt Helen! I'm still making my Yo Yo's but the bag is filling up nicely. I still haven't decided what to make with them - either a crib quilt or a cushion cover. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, sorry for the late reply. Thanks, I do like the finished result, very happy. Have you decided what you're going to make with yours. Hope you're having a fantastic summer x Helen x

      Delete