Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Summer Holidays - Opening Hours

The Summer Holidays are here. The relaxed feel to this time of year is something we all look forward too. The children have finished school, day's out are planned come rain or shine. When I was younger we had a rainy day box filled with things that kept us entertained when we stayed at home. We'd make miniature gardens using an old tin tray and collages using the Christmas Quality Street Wrappers my Mum kept. Me and my brothers and sister would hold the wrapper to the window and look at all the different colours. Summer is also a great opportunity to teach the children/grandchildren to sew. These Button Bag Kits are a great introduction. At only £4 each they'll make a great afternoon activity.



- Mini Cross stitch & Felt Kits, as seen in John Lewis -

For children who'd like to use a sewing machine these Machine Star Kits are perfect for ages 7 upwards. With an easy to use pattern & instructions your child can make Skirts, Bags & Bedroom tidies - £8 each - 





If you'd like to have a go at making a little girls skirt or dress this summer why not purchase the new Compagnie M patterns. This beautiful dress has been made using the Lotta Dress pattern age 1 -10yrs & Moda fabrics. Patterns priced at £13.











I hope you all have a great start to the Summer Holidays. I'm heading off on Sunday for my holiday's. We're travelling through Europe by train for 2 weeks. I'm very excited. I have a couple of sewing projects to take along. I'm making a start on my "Nobbly Bobbly" quilt. It's my own design inspired by this classic ice lolly, it involves mini hexi's (more info to come). I just can't put it down. I'm also taking some linen blend fabric to embroider the places I visit. I managed to get some linen embroidery threads in a soft colour palette, mmm. I'll just need to remember to look out the window :)

My lovely sister in law - Mandy - will be taking over The Little Fabric Store in my absence. Here are the Opening hours from Tuesday 28th July:

Closed: 27th, 28th & 30th July
Open: Wed 29th, Fri 31st July & Sat 1st August - 10am till 2pm
Closed: 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 6th August
Open: Wed 5th, Fri 7th & Sat 8th August - 10am till 2pm
Normal Hours resume from Tuesday 11th August

I hope you have a creative summer
- Helen - 


---------

No comments:

Post a Comment