Spring is in the Air, the Shop door is open and I feel more connected with the day to day life of passers by. The cobbled streets start to fill and everyone has a smile on their face. My mind races with ideas for the window and exciting new stock for the Shop.
The lovely charm pack quilt has been very popular. It's a great beginners project. I'm looking into making a pattern that will give you a step by step guide.
This Lap/Cot Quilt has been made using a Charm Pack,
50cm of fabric for the borders
The backing requires 125cm of fabric
Finished size - 103cm x 93cm / 40.5" x 36.5"
Great project if you're thinking about making your first quilt or a quick project for more experienced quilters
Another classic Moda Collection by Jan Patek Quilts has arrived 'Lilies of the Field'. I've teamed it up with French General Woad Blue. Priced at £12 a metre.
- This Bundle contains 5 Fat Quarters £14.00 -
I hope you're enjoying these Spring Day's. I love to fill mine with Sewing :)
I had a brilliant day on Saturday. Thanks to everyone who visited the Shop even though the weather wasn't the best. Also thank you to everyone who sent through their photos for the Hall of Fame for the draws. Here are the winners selected at random on the day:
Hall Of Fame Winners
77. Rachel from London made this lovely dress from the Denim Linen she purchased whilst visiting family in Louth. Rachel's Dressmaking Blog is well worth a visit Sew South London
43. Pam Mapelthorpe has made this hand made Hexi Quilt using a selection of Moda fabrics
19. Lesley Pringle made this creative organiser using Wren & Friends fabric
46. Sam Laking made this beautiful dress for her daughter Sophie. The fabric collection is Storybook by Kate & Birdie
28. Frances made this Stanley cushion using Moda's Essential Dots
5. Kelly Burton made her Pram Quilt using pre cut charm squares
Sew Now Attendee Winners
2. Sophie Henderson
4. Amy Neave
6. Jo Ohara
Please call in to collect your fabric bundle/thread
- Photos of the day -
Sue, Sue & Gwen all attend my Sew Now Classes
- My family supporting me on the day -
- And Me -
This first year in the Shop has been about fabric and building up a good amount of choice. This year you'll see the addition of Sewing Kits for adults & children, books, buttons & ribbons as well as other fabric lines.
Thanks again for all your support throughout my first year in New St. The Loyalty Card is my way of showing my appreciation to my customers as without you my business wouldn't be what it is today.
I can't quite believe my Shop will have been open a year at the end of this week!! To celebrate the Event I'm holding a Loyalty Card Launch on Saturday 28th March 9.30am - 4pm. Double points will be issued on the day. A full card will give you 15% of your future purchase. There'll be prizes to won throughout the day. 1st Sale of the day and every 10th after will win a prize. Lucky Draws for the 'Hall of Fame' contributors & 'Sew Now' attendees. So come and join me for a complimentary drink to mark the occasion.
Thanks for all your support during my 1st year in New St. Louth
This lovely Spring time print is now is Stock. American Jane - Fresh Air - Described by Moda fabrics as "Fresh Air means wind in the hair while flying high on a swing, or clean sheets on the clothes line drying in the
breeze; the scent of clean linen in the basket or freshly ironed
shirts and little dresses. All of these bring good memories of days
gone by, so bring the past to the present and enjoy the day with
a breath of fresh air!"
- Look great with Denim. Why not customise Skirt with Patch Pockets -
I'm very excited to announce we now stock Cloud9 Fabrics. The beautiful Wildwood Collection has been designed by Elizabeth Olwen. I love the forest theme and it's subtle tones of stone, greys, denim blues and oranges. Not only would it work for dressmaking it wouldn't look out of place in the home, making this an ideal fabric for any sewing project. It's also 100% organic cotton and is priced at £13 a metre.
This Collection makes me want a Whitewashed Cottage of my own. A bit like my niece's Dolls House. Anyway, head out of the clouds, here is the new 3 Sister's 'Whitewashed Cottage' for Moda Fabrics.
- 'Whitewashed Cottage' £12 a metre / £3 a Fat Quarter -
Shown with Grey Essential Dots (£11 a metre) & Baby Pink Plain (£8 a metre)
- A Bundle containing 5 Fat Quarters £14 -
- Jelly Roll £30.99 & Charms available -
I also stock Shabby Chic Linens perfect for chairs & cushions. These Linen Blends (70% Cotton/30% Linen) are the perfect weight for hand sewing projects as the fabric is soft and not as coarse/stiff as some 100% Linens.
- All priced at £16 a metre / £3 a Fat Quarter -
- Payments can be taken via Paypal if you'd like anything posted out to you -